Marinating at Juniper Pool

By: Christina Russell


Last night, Josh and I headed to Juniper pool to cure our itch to paddle. We just returned from a spring break paddling trip to Vancouver Island....unfortunately flat tires got the best of us and we only made it on the Gordan River. Back in Bend, and paddling deprived, went went to Juniper pool for an evening of marinating in chlorine.


(above) I have scary feet...josh agrees
Photo By: Christina Russell

It's been well established that my feet are, how should I say this, messed up. I got bunions and bone growths where there shouldnt be...but then again, what paddler has pretty feet?!



(above) Josh showing the group how it's done
Photo by: Christina Russell

Josh took the time to help me work on my (non-existent) flatwater loops. By the end of the session, I had attempted two loops- one of which sort of worked out! :) Now I just have to practice, practice, practice. To anyone who wants to learn how to flatwater loop, check out the Bend Aldercreek for private lessons.



(Above) Me deciding that the new boat bow stalls like a champ
Photo by: Josh mckeown



(Above) and it also stern stalls well
Photo by: Josh Mckeown

Next Sunday evening, Team Aldercreek will return to the pool . Come join us!

Happy Paddling,
Christina Russell

0 comments:

About this blog

Alder Creek Kayak & Canoe of Bend, OR has recreated its paddling team thanks to Geoff Frank (owner and operator of ACKC). Currently being rebuilt, the team consists of Josh McKeown, Drew Oldfield, Kim and Christina Russell, and will be expanded to encompass a number of people in the Central Oregon area. This blog will be dedicated to providing up to date information about the different paddling adventures of Team Alder Creek.